Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dapple Natural Cleaners

A few years back I used only harsh conventional cleaners and bleach to clean my house. Using anything else, just never crossed my mind. Then a friend at work started looking into natural cleaners to help with her own health problems. My curiosity was peaked and I started researching myself.

I never thought about all the chemicals and toxins in conventional cleaners and what they might be doing to my body. And it worried me further because we were starting to think about starting a family. Having toxins in my body while growing a baby just wouldn't do! So I dumped all my normal stuff into the garbage and replaced it with the natural cleaners I could find in the store.

After our baby came along, I was even more adamant about only using natural cleaners. His little tiny system, still developing, was just to important to mess up with chemicals. So throughout the last few years I've tried quite a few different brands and products trying to find the ones I liked the best. Which is why I was so excited when Mom Fuse contacted me to review the new Dapple products!

Dapple, run by Tamar and Dana, is a company that has created cleaning products that specifically target the things our babies put in their mouths everyday. The bottles, sippy cups, and toys. I feel very comfortable using them in my house because they use only natural-based ingredients that are environmentally-safe, biodegradable, and free of parabens, SLES, and phthalates, as well as synthetic dyes or fragrances. It's great not having to worry about what toxins conventional cleaners leave behind!

The first product I got to try out was the Dapple Baby Safe Dish Liquid. The first thing I actually noticed was the super cute and modern packaging. I actually don't mind it sitting out on my counter! And the pump is very handy as well, and doesn't get gunked up at all. The day this came, I actually had a pile of dishes to do (I don't put my plastic or non stick pans in the wash so as not to leach anything out of them!) And of course, the dishes had been sitting there a day. Or so.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked! While it is formulated specifically to meet the needs of a messy baby/toddler (think bottles, sippy cups, etc.) it worked on all my pots and pans as well! And the few sippy cups I had sitting out. I will definitely be using this in the future for cleaning all of my toddlers dishes, and for my new April baby's bottles as well.

They also sent me a bottle of their new Toy Cleaner. The first thing I noticed and fell in love with was the fact that it does not have antibacterial soaps in it! Just natural cleaners and baking soda. On the way to the toys, I noticed our highchair looking a bit nasty so I tackled that first. I figured it wouldn't work out well on all the crusted on gunk, but it surprised me by taking it all off with only minimal elbow grease! After that, I cleaned off our counters and then the baby swing that I just got out of storage before cleaning up the toys. Between a kid with messy fingers and a dog that like to steal things, our toys can start looking a bit rough now and again. And this cleaner did a great job of removing everything. It was easy to use, wiped clean with no residue, and it also has a very pleasant scent to it so it doesn't stink up the room when you use it.

The toy cleaner also comes in wipes, both a full size container and travel wipes, that I think would work out great for our nursery at church. I would love it if they used these instead of Lysol wipes!

All in all, I think these are great products and if they aren't offered where you live, you can buy them in bulk right from the Dapple website.

No comments: