Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Flora Botanicals Review

I recently had a great opportunity through MomFuse and Flora Botanicals to review some handmade body products. To which I was super excited to try! See, I love all things natural and good for my body. And throughout this pregnancy my skin has been getting drier and drier. But I refuse to use conventional lotion that contains chemicals and phthalates in them! So let's just say, my skin was super excited too!

They sent me a sample size jar of the Mama Belly Love moisturizer, and in all honesty, I was hoping it was great. Cause my belly is getting itchy! And even though I didn't get any major stretch marks last time, I'd like to do what I can to help my skin stretch in a decent manner. I guess maybe I'm hoping if I love it, it will return the favor and not give me tiger strips!

The first thing I noticed about the Mama Belly Love was the new packaging. They are in the process of moving all their products over to this new amber colored jar, and it's quite pretty. I was slightly concerned with the thickness of it, but it surprised me and went on very smooth. As an added bonus, you don't need a lot at all! A little bit goes a long way. I love the way it felt and soaked in. It was definitely moisturizing. And best of all, it stopped the itching! I now can tell when I forget to put it on as the itching returns. I will definitely want to use this through the rest of my pregnancy!

They also sent me some Orange Ginger Body Whip. This stuff smells good enough to eat, and I was surprised at how whipped it is. It's light and creamy and goes on great! It does take a few minutes to kind of soak in, so I found it best to apply right after the shower when I then get ready for a few minutes before I dress. This stuff made my legs so smooth though, they felt great all day long!

We also got a jar of Boo Boo Bum Balm to try out and at first I was a bit disappointed that my little guy didn't have any redness to try it out on. But, a few days later, I got a chance to see how it worked! The application of it was quite smooth and it had a pleasant scent compared to the thick white diaper rash creams you find in the store. Plus, the extra bit left on my fingers I just rubbed into my own hands as moisturizer instead of having to find a towel to get the white stuff off. I applied a thin layer over all of the redness and by the next day, it was almost gone! I will definitely be using this over and over again. And it beats all the other 'natural' rash ointments I've tried too!

I'm also really looking forward to trying out the Post-Partum Comfrey Sitz Baths when our new little girl joins our family. And this time around, I'm going to be prepared and most likely order up some more! My first pregnancy no one bothered to mention to me that I may not be able to sit right for a month, so I didn't have anything like this in the house. Now I know better! But these bags (they come 2 in a package) have a generous amount of product in them and they smell great. Come April, I'll update you on how I thought they worked.

All in all Flora Botanicals is a great company, run by Candace, Melinda, and Mary, and I love the fact that I don't need to worry about chemicals and preservatives in the products. All of the products are made with 100% natural ingredients, many of which are organic. Plus they hand make all of the products in small batches to insure quality and freshness. And their natural products work great!

No comments: